Written Review by: R. Maxine Lundquist
- Breathable, Windproof and water-resistant
- Reflects 70% of your body heat back to you
- Weighs just 4.7 oz. and packs down small for backpack storage
- Waterproof seams, drawstring hood
- High visibility orange exterior
Compact, ultra-light and versatile, the Adventure Medical Kit SOL Escape Lite Bivvy has a breathable fabric, unlike many emergency bivvies on the market today. This means that condensation doesn’t build up inside, so your clothes remain dry. It has a short side zipper that makes it easier to get inside, and the waterproof seams and drawstring hood make it easy to get inside. This bivvy is a hiker’s must-have, easy to pack and carry, weighing just over 4-1/2 ounces. It fits into a small stuff sack.
PROS: Light and versatile, easy to pack, easy to repair with duct tape and made of breatheable fabric.
CONS: Tears easily, liner can wear off rapidly with use. Reflects less body heat back than other, heavier bivvies.